Hemp & Apple Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ rounded teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp frozen, thawed apple juice concentrate
- ⅔ cup or non-dairy milk or buttermilk alternative
- 2 Tbsp oat bran
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ⅓ cup shelled hemp seeds (Hemp Hearts)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease 12 standard size muffin-pan cups.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix together eggs, apple juice and milk.
- Stir flour mixture and oat bran into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not overmix.
- Gently stir in chopped apples and Hemp Hearts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling cups ⅔ full.
- Garnish each muffin with an apple slice,sprinkle with Shelled Hemp Seed.
- Bake muffins until lightly golden and tops spring back when pressed, 25 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Turn muffins out onto rack to cool completely.