This deliciously messy layered recipe for Lime in the Coconut Crunch Cups was submitted by Arlene Erlbach as a Sweet entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To qualify for the contest, this recipe for creamy coconut crunch cups uses CocoWhip and Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious Dairy Free.
These snack- or dessert-worthy coconut crunch cups offer tempting and complimentary layers of sweet toasted coconut (tons of it – for coconut lovers only!), chia pudding, and lime cream.
Special Diet Notes: Lime in the Coconut Crunch Cups
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar for vegan), divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime zest, divided
- 1½ cups shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut, divided
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coco Whip, divided
- Place the milk beverage, chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1½ tablespoons of lime juice and 1½ tablespoons of lime zest in a small bowl, and stir thoroughly to combine. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Place the shredded coconut in a skillet over medium heat. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown but not burnt. Place in a container, cover and refrigerate until cool.
- To make the chia layer, stir ¼ cup of the CocoWhip into the chilled and jelled chia mixture.
- To make the coconut crunch layer, set aside ¼ cup of the toasted coconut for garnish. In a small bowl, stir the remaining toasted coconut with 2 tablespoons of honey and ½ cup of CocoWhip.
- To make the lime cream layer, stir the remaining 1¼ cups CocoWhip with the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey, 1½ tablespoons of lime juice and 1½ tablespoons of lime zest until well combined.
- To assemble, place 1½ tablespoons of coconut crunch mixture in each of four ½ cup dessert jars or dessert glasses. Top with all of the chia mixture, followed by ½ of the lime cream mixture, then the remaining coconut crunch mixture, and finally the rest of the lime cream mixture. Sprinkle each serving with the reserved toasted coconut.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and chill until ready to devour.