This recipe for lime and coconut salad dressing is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Heather Miller. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Lime-in-the-Coconut Salad Dressing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy-Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage or Culinary Coconut Milk (for richer and more coconutty)
- Finely grated lime rind
- ½ teaspoon juice from the lime
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, whisking until well blended and the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Serve over tossed salad.