I’m not sure what it is, but I simply can’t get enough citrus this summer. So light, so refreshing, so lip puckering. And what better way to enjoy some sweet-tart goodness than in some dairy-free and vegan frozen yogurt pops.
Far better than lime-sicles, homemade dairy-free frozen yogurt pops offer some healthy probiotics via the coconut milk yogurt (or “cultured coconut milk” if you want to be specific).
When I lived in the northwest, the above was considered “sunny” but here in the southwest, we call this partly cloudy and keep a watch for thunderstorms. How I love the sunny warm weather here; it calls for cool frozen yogurt pops during a good six months of the year.
Special Diet Notes: Limeade Lassi Frozen Yogurt Pops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (from 1 to 2 limes)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (from 2 to 4 limes)
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar or agave nectar
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into popsicle molds, filling them as needed. This made 4+ pops in our mold, which we filled all the way to the top. (leftovers can be frozen in ice cube trays)
- Freeze for 2 to 4 hours, or until completely frozen. If you have a cheapy mold like I do, and the pops stubbornly refuse to come out, run hot water around the outside until they loosen just enough.