This lobster quinoa pasta recipe is a “main course” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Lily Erlic. For the creamy sauce base, she uses Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
Lily says, “This high protein dish with the lobster and quinoa will delight your taste buds. The So Delicious Lobster sauce is especially creamy and delectable. Try this main dish one night for an easy weekday meal or a weekend wonder.”
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Lobster Quinoa Pasta
By ingredients, this recipe for lobster quinoa pasta is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and tree nut-free.
- 3 cups quinoa macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, mashed (optional)
- 1 cup lobster claw meat, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and drizzle a little olive oil or any other vegetable oil.
- In a sauce pan, add coconut oil. Let melt on medium heat. Add Coconut Milk Beverage and stir. In a small cup add tapioca starch and water. Stir until blended. Add this slurry to the coconut oil mixture in the sauce pan. Whisk until incorporated. Add sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika and roasted garlic if desired. Stir well. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Add cooked lobster. Continue to stir. Cover.
- Arrange cooked quinoa macaroni on a platter. Pour So Delicious Lobster sauce on top. Reserve sauce in a side bowl to have on the table while serving. Sprinkle the dish and sauce bowl with cilantro.