This recipe for lobster salad spread is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Donna Ryan. For richness without fat, she uses Cultured Coconut Milk (dairy-free yogurt) from So Delicious.
This super-simple lobster salad spread is low in fat, but intense with fresh seafood. In a pinch, crab can be substituted.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Lobster Salad Spread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh chopped steamed lobster (frozen can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt)
- Place lobster meat, lemon juice, scallions and yogurt in a small food processor. Pulse several times until mixed to desired consistency. I prefer some small chunks.
- Serve with lemon and hearty crackers.