By the time I got to making these tartlets, my chocolate chunk stash was low. So I made a super-small batch, half of this recipe, yielding just 3 little tartlets. I’ve doubled the batch here to make at least a few more (since they are consumed so quickly!) but feel free to double or even quadruple this recipe.
- ½ Cup Crushed Chocolate Cookies (I used 2 Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies)
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Chunks or Chips, melted (again, I used Enjoy Life)
- ¼ Cup Chocolate Chunks or Chips, melted (separate from the chocolate above)
- 2 Tablespoons (Full Fat) Canned Coconut Milk
- ⅛ to ¼ Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Combine the crushed cookies and the 2 tablespoons of chocolate (now melted) and press the mixture into 6 little tart pans. I used silicone peanut butter cup molds, but you could also use mini muffin tins. As you can tell from my picture below, these don’t need to look perfect to work and to taste good.
- Combine the ¼ cup of chocolate (now melted) with the coconut milk and extract, adjusting the amount of extract to your tastes.
- Pour the fudgy filling evenly in the cookie crusts, and chill until the middles set up. This took just 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Pop them out and eat!