I love these years – when Tony and I go from “Where’s spring?” to “Wow, this is an early and hot summer!” in a matter of days. Though we are still a week or so off from the beloved vacation season, I declare that it is definitely time for smoothie pops! What is a smoothie pop? In this case, it is a cool treat that is infused with fresh fruit, fruit juice, and dairy-free yogurt. Sweet, but packed only with wholesome ingredients. Perfect for the almost 90ºF temps we are expecting today. I’m planning for some swimming and one or two of these babies before I hit the work week.
This strawberry smoothie pop recipe with photos was originally shared by Tree Top, though I have adapted it slightly for us dairy-free frozen treat lovers!
Special Diet Notes: Strawberry Smoothie Pops
Need Banana-Free? I get this request quite a bit! Mangoes are amazing with strawberries and provide similar body to smoothies and consequently, smoothie pops! Simply substitute about 1 cup frozen mango chunks for the banana. In the summer, another good option is frozen peach slices.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into ice pop forms or paper cups.
- Place ice pop sticks in center and freeze, inverted, for 3 hours or until solid.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
- If the pops stick, run a little hot water over the molds until they slide out.