I love these years – when Tony and I go from “Where’s spring?” to “Wow, this is an early and hot summer!” in a matter of days. Though we are still a few weeks off from the beloved vacation season, I declare that it is definitely time for smoothie pops! What is a smoothie pop? In this case, it is a cool treat that is infused with fresh fruit, fruit juice, and dairy-free yogurt. Sweet, but packed only with wholesome ingredients. Perfect for the almost 90ºF temps we are expecting today. I’m planning for some swimming and one or two of these babies before I hit the work week.
These smoothie pops are naturally vegan, vegetarian, non-dairy / dairy-free, egg-free, peanut-free, and gluten-free. To keep them nut-free and/or soy-free, if needed, choose your dairy-free yogurt wisely. I’ve noted a few options in the recipe below.
The strawberry smoothie pop recipe was originally shared by Tree Top, though I have adapted it slightly for us dairy-free frozen treat lovers!
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled, sliced and frozen
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, sliced and frozen
- 6 ounces dairy-free vanilla yogurt (almond, coconut, or soy - your choice!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into ice pop forms or paper cups.
- Place ice pop sticks in center and freeze, inverted, for 3 hours or until solid.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve.
- If the pops stick, run a little hot water over the molds until they slide out.