- 2 tablespoons nonhydrogenated margarine
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One 12.3-ounce container silken tofu
- 1/2 cup rice milk, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 ounces pasta (see Note)
- Steamed greens (spinach or Swiss chard) for topping, optional
- Sliced sun-dried tomatoes for topping, optional
Cook the pasta in plenty of steadily boiling water until al dente, then drain.
Meanwhile, heat the margarine in a small skillet. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Remove from the heat.
Combine the sautéed garlic and margarine with the tofu and rice milk in a food processor. Process until completely smooth and creamy.
Combine the pasta and sauce in a large serving bowl and toss together. Season with pepper and taste to see if you’d like to add more salt. If the mixture needs to be moister, add a small amount of additional rice milk and toss again. Serve at once, passing around greens and/or dried tomaotes for topping, if desired.