This insanely simple, yet flavorful and creamy recipe comes from Dr. Jane Goodall’s “Vegan World Fusion Cuisine : Over 200 award-winning recipes“, one of the most popular vegan (and consequently dairy free) cookbooks on the market.
- 8 oz pkg buckwheat Soba noodles (may sub Udon noodles)
- 5 C Mixed garden vegetables for steaming (broccoli, red bell pepper, carrots, zuchinni, etc. chopped small)
- 1 C Peanut sauce (see recipe)
- 1 Tbl Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp Garlic or ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 Tbl Cilantro, minced
- 2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch Sea salt
- Black pepper, ground to taste
Bring 8 C of water to a boil in a 3 qt sauce pan. Add soba noodles and cook until slightly al dente, approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. A small amount of sesame oil may be added to prevent sticking. Drain, rinse well in cold water and place in a large mixing bowl.
Steam vegetables, add to bowl with soba along with remaining ingredients and mix well. Peanut sauce may be prepared earlier or while vegetables are steaming and soba is cooking. Garnish with black and white sesame seeds.