This recipe for Pecan Pie Muffins was an official entry in one of our recipe contests! It was submitted by Juanita Vernon and is a surprisingly gluten-free and vegan recipe!
Special Diet Notes: Pecan Pie Muffins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For paleo pecan pie muffins, substitute 1/2 teaspoon gelatin for the xanthan gum and use homemade dairy-free milk beverage or use light coconut milk. Or if you eat eggs, you might like this paleo-friendly Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe from Bless Her Heart Y’all.
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1⅛ cup + 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage, divided
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⅛ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup agave nectar or equivalent liquid sweetener
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Pecans halves, for garnish if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In small bowl, whisk together the ground flax seed and 1⅛ cup coconut milk beverage. .
- In large bowl, sift together almond and coconut flours, baking soda, cinnamon and xanthan gum, and stir until well combined.
- Add the agave, vanilla and remaining 1 cup coconut milk beverage, adding flax seed mixture last, and stirring only until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins ( about ⅔ full), arrange pecan halves on top, if desired, then bake 18 to 20 minutes till golden brown.
- Let stand in pans 10 to 15 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely.
More Grain-Free Baked Goodies
Chocolate-Glazed Doughnuts (gluten-free, soy-free & paleo-friendly)
Sweet Potato S’mores (vegan, gluten-free & soy-free)
Indian Gingerbread (gluten-free, soy-free & paleo-friendly)