- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3½ Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- ½ Cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine (or coconut oil)
- ½ Cup Regular Coconut Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 9 Crushed Candy Canes, Divided
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, and cocoa.
- Separately, place the margarine (or oil) and coconut milk in a small saucepan, and stir together over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture until the margarine has melted, and bubbles just begin to break at the surface.
- Remove it from the stove, and immediately pour over the chocolate mixture.
- Let everything sit for a couple of minutes, and then stir vigorously to melt the chocolate and incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Continue stirring until a completely smooth mixture forms.
- Mix in the extracts and roughly 4 of the crushed candy canes, and quickly pour everything into your prepared pan.
- Smooth out the top and sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes evenly over the entire exposed surface.
- Press the candy gently into the fudge with the palm of your hand.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.