As is, this dairy-free pineapple coconut smoothie is loaded with vitamin C from the juice, vitamin D and vitamin B12 from the coconut milk beverage, and a surprising bonus: digestive enzymes from the pineapple. Pineapple contains bromelain, which is thought to have anti-inflammatory powers in addition to it’s protein digesting powers.
Special Diet Notes: Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
For a super-strength pineapple coconut smoothie, you can add some dairy-free protein powder (1 to 2 tablespoons), probiotic powder, amino acids, and/or ground flaxseed.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup So Delicious® Dairy Free Plain Coconut Milk Beverage, plus additional as needed
- ½ cup orange or pineapple juice
- ½ cup ice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or organic sugar, or to taste
- In a blender, combine the pineapple, coconut milk beverage, orange juice, and ice, and blend until smooth, thick and creamy. If smoothie is too thick, add a little bit more coconut milk beverage and blend until smooth. If smoothie is not thick enough, add more ice as needed.
- Serve right away. If desired, garnish the smoothie with a sprinkle of sweetened dried coconut.