Another fun and delicious way to use popcorn! These easy s’more clusters are without a doubt a treat, but the popcorn base does add a dose of healthy fiber and fuel for summer play.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Popcorn S’more Clusters
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free (with dairy-free, soy-free margarine, such as select varieties of Earth Balance).
However, you will want to choose your graham cookies wisely for these s’more clusters. Teddy grahams do appear to be dairy-free, but I’m not in love with the ingredients. A better option might be Annie’s Bunny Grahams (available in chocolate, but also in a variety of flavors). They are equally cute, but are made without high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, artificial ingredients and GMOs. Annie’s Bunny Grahams are also made with organic ingredients.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) dairy-free margarine
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 1 package (10½ ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups mini graham cookies (see post above for gluten-free and vegan options)
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Combine the brown sugar, margarine and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Cook over high heat for five minutes; remove from heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Combine the popcorn and marshmallows in large bowl. Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Gently stir in the graham cookies and chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 15-by-10-inch pan. Let cool completely, then break into pieces. Store in airtight container.