This is 1 of my 2 winning recipes in the Sept + Oct issue of VegNews Magazine!! With noodles originally coming from China, I wanted to create a recipe with oriental flavors and noodles. This easy recipe has turned out to be one of our Raw Vegan favorites at home. And, it’s great to take to family and friend get-togethers as your dish to pass.
- 4-5 zucchini, peeled and spiralized into noodles*
- 1-2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed Oil
- 2 tablespoons organic, vegan red wine (or more!)
- 2 tablespoons miso
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons tamari, wheat-free
- ¼ cup Manitoba Harvest Shelled Hemp Seeds
- Place the noodles and the minced bell pepper(s) in a large bowl and toss.
- Blend all of the remaining ingredients together, except for the hemp seeds.
- Pour the sauce into a glass mason jar and stir in the hemp seeds.
- Just before serving, pour about ½ cup of the sauce over the noodles blend and toss to mix.
- Add more sauce if desired.
- Store any left over sauce in a glass mason jar and use as a dip for veggies or dressing for salad.
Add ½ cup chopped cilantro or parsley to the noodles blend
This sauce is scrumptious served as a dressing over chopped Swiss chard and cucumbers