How about a Valentine’s Day delight that’s truly good for the heart! This chocolate superfood tart recipe is made purely with nutritious, whole food ingredients, and was share with us by Christine Bailey. Christine is an award-winning nutritionist, chef and author who specializes in allergy-free cooking and runs cookery demos and hands on courses throughout the UK.
Rich and indulgent, this is an amazing Chocolate Superfood Tart – perfect for a special occasion, including Valentine’s day. Each delicious, energizing bite is crammed with an array of healthy foods and plenty of protein. It can be served frozen or simply chilled, and if you cannot get hold of cacao butter, coconut butter is a suitable substitute.
Special Diet Notes: Raw Chocolate Superfood Tart
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, vegetarian and paleo.
- 1 cup (125g) pecans
- scant 1 cup (100g) walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (125g) raisins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 2 cups (250g) raw cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup (100g) coconut oil, melted
- 50g* cacao butter, melted (can subsitute coconut butter)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- ⅓ cup (120g) coconut syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 100ml (about 7 tablespoons) pomegranate juice or coconut water
- ¾ cup (60g) raw cacao powder
- For the crust, pulse all ingredients in a food processor until they bind.
- Press into a 20cm/8-inch spring form cake tin and place in the fridge to set.
- For the filling, blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and pour on top of the base.
- Freeze for 2 hours to firm up then place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Decorate with berries to serve.