Raw Spinach Basil Dip (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free)
Author: Dr. Rebecca Coleman
- 4 c (to whole Trader Joe’s bag) baby spinach chopped
- ½ c fresh basil leaves cut with kitchen scissors or chopped
- ⅔ c macademia nuts
- ½ c pine nuts (can be soaked for 1 hr for more moisture)
- 3-4 T garlic olive oil (or organic first cold pressed olive oil)
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 t celtic or himalayan salt
- Mix spinach and basil in a large bowl, set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a food processor (with S-blade) or Vitamix. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour over greens and mix well.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, remove and mix again then serve with baby carrots, celery, snap peas, mushrooms, sliced red pepper, cauliflower, and/or raw seed or multigrain crackers. Enjoy!