This Red Bell Pepper Carrot Soup is an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Hidemi Walsh
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 ounces carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Slice red bell pepper, carrot and onion thinly.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and sauté all vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all vegetables are tender.
- Turn off the heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to blender and puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, stir in almond plus and salt.
- Turn on the heat again and warm up the soup. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.