This recipe for creamy cauliflower soup is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Jen Prosini . For an extra-rich consistency, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Roasted Cauliflower Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose your broth wisely. For peanut-free and all-around allergy-friendly cauliflower soup, simply omit the peanut garnish.
- 1 large cauliflower, stem removed and florets separated
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 500-750 mL broth (this depends on how thick you like your soup)
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley + extra for garnish
- toasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Place cauliflower, onions, garlic, salt and oil on a parchment lined baking sheet, mix to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until they develop color.
- Place veggies into a blender/food processor. Add broth and milk. Puree until smooth.
- Top with peanuts, if desired, and parsley.