French Bean and Berries Vegan Salad
- 2 cups cooked Organic Kamut® Berries
- 2 cups cooked Flageolet Beans
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Soak Flageolet Beans (about 1 cup) overnight. Drain water and rinse off beans.
- Place beans in pot covered with plenty of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer, placing lid on pot. Cook until beans are soft, about 1 hour. Place Kamut® Berries (about 1-1/2 cups) in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and place a lid on the pot. Cook until berries are soft, about 1 hour.
- While beans and Kamut® berries are cooking, mix vinaigrette ingredients together in a large bowl. Slice veggies and place in the bowl.
- Drain beans and berries and rinse in cold water. Measure out 2 cups of each – the beans and the Kamut® berries – and add them to the other ingredients in the bowl. Blend together all ingredients with vinaigrette and chill for a few hours or overnight.
Any whole grain or combination of grains can be used instead of the Kamut® Berries in recipe, such as Whole Oat Groats, Hull-less Whole Barley, Wheat Berries, Long Grain Brown Rice or Spelt Berries.