This recipe from Susan Voisin at www.FatFreeVegan.com sounded almost too good to be true. Although it isn't quite fat free, due to the nuts, it is definitely a healthy option.
- 3 cups fresh basil (or 2 cups basil and one cup spinach)
- 3-4 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts, pine nuts, or raw cashews
- 1/2 container silken tofu (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked according to package directions and rinsed with cool water
- 1-2 large tomatoes, chopped
- additional nuts, to taste
In food processor, chop garlic and nuts until finely minced. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Toss pasta with sauce and tomatoes, and sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately or at room temperature.