Reprinted with the permission of Cathe Olsen and The Vegetarian Mother’s Cookbook:
Notes from Go Dairy Free: Use wheat-free tamari in place of the soy sauce for a gluten-free dish. Also, we didn’t peel the sweet potatoes in our dish for extra nutrients. We also had to make a few ingredient substitutions based on what we had on hand, but this dish proved to be very versatile. It is pictured here served with the Gingery Black Beans from The Vegetarian Mother’s Cookbook.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and diced
- 3 to 4 green onions, thinkly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoons minced cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or walnuts
Peanut Butter Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
Place sweet potatoes, green onions, celery, bell pepper, cilantro or parsley, and pumkin seeds or walnuts in large bowl. Place dressing ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Pour over salad. Toss gently to coat.