This almond gravy recipe originated with the Weimar Institute of Health & Education.
Special Diet Notes: Almond Gravy
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning (it's vegan!)
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos (tamari or soy sauce work too)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in blender with only ¾ cup water.
- Process until almonds are very smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining water and blend again briefly.
- Heat and serve.