Cranberry Pineapple Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, picked over and rinsed
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add crushed pineapples, lemon juice and salt to the pan, stir well. Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until nicely thickened.
- Sauce can be served warm or cold, and can be made up to two days ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered.