Pumpkin Seed Pesto
This recipe was posted by Jackie at The Vegan Diet. Visti her blog to view even more recipes for pumpkin seeds and beyond!
From WNPT Volunteer Gardener
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons broth/stock
- Over low heat, dry-roast pumpkin seeds, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until they finish popping.
- Remove from heat and cool. In a blender, process seeds, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Slowly add oil and broth and blend until smooth.
- Toss into hot pasta and serve immediately or transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until needed.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged autumn, egg--free, food allergy-friendly, gluten free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian