This recipe for coconut flour biscuits is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Maiah Miller. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
These coconut flour biscuits are made without a dash or drop of sweetener and can be made wheat-based or gluten-free – your choice!
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Coconut Flour Biscuits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, vegan, and vegetarian. In fact, they are generally top food allergy-friendly, depending on the flour you choose.
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free* or regular flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance Soy-Free), chilled
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Mix coconut milk beverage with lemon juice; set aside to curdle and thicken.
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Cut cold margarine into dry ingredients, working with fingers or pastry cutter until small crumbs form.
- Stir coconut milk and lemon juice mixture into the bowl, several tablespoons at a time.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead several times. (May remain slightly crumbly). Form into small biscuits or use a biscuit or cookie cutter for more even edges. With the back of a fork, press the tines in a criss-crossing pattern, pressing down slightly.
- On a lined or greased cookie sheet, bake for about 10 minutes or until slightly fluffy and golden.
- Best served warm out of the oven, either plain or with your favorite nondairy spread.