Savoury Vegan Scones
This recipe and accompanying photos are from Carla over at But Did they Eat It?
Carla trials various vegan recipes on her family and reports back how they went. This recipe only had one hang-up, the nutty bits. It seems her family is a bit averse to nuts in their baked goods, otherwise they went over well. Thanks to Carla for sharing this recipe with us!
Recipe & Photo Copyright: But Did they Eat It?
- 1 cup Plain Soymilk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 3 tablespoons Smooth (Natural) Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Peanuts – Crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare cookie sheet.
- Mix Soy milk and Apple Cider Vinegar and allow to stand for 5 minutes to curdle.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour through yeast) together
- Cut or rub margarine and peanut butter into the flour mix until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add crushed nuts if using.
- Add curdled milk, mix with hands to bring dough together. Knead lightly and lay out on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into even sized pieces – 12 for littler scones, 8 for larger ones.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes (depends if you have big or little), and serve warm!
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, vegetarian