This versatile basic vegan stuffing recipe can be “dressed-up” however you like.
Special Diet Notes: Basic Vegan Stuffing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally soy-free.
- 1-pound loaf of bread, cut into small cubes
- ¾ cup vegan margarine (such as Earth Balance)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (vegan)
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Air-dry bread pieces for at least two hours.
- In a sauce pan, melt vegan margarine over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, cooking until soft. Add poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bread chunks until evenly coated. Moisten with vegetable broth and mix well.
- Bake in a casserole dish greased with vegan margarine at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.