Chef Bryanna Clark Grogan makes holidays a breeze with great recipes from “The (Almost) No-Fat Holiday Cookbook“, one in a series of her eight popular vegan cookbooks. This Traditional-Style Vegan Bread Stuffing is such a winner!
Special Diet Notes: Traditional-Style Vegan Bread Stuffing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally gluten-free.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery and tops, chopped
- ¾ pound bread cubes or corn bread cubes
- 11/2 cup vegetarian broth
- ½ teaspoon each of sage, thyme and savory or to taste
- Sesame oil
- Saute the onion and celery in a large lightly-oiled frying pan until softened, adding a little broth if necessary to keep from sticking.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining stuffing ingredients. The bread should be moist. Mix well.
- Grease cooking dish with sesame oil. Pack in the stuffing. Brush with more sesame oil. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 325-375F for about 1 hour.