Gluten-Free Cereal Stuffing
- 2-1/2 C Enjoy Life Crispy Rice or Crispy Flax Cereal
- 2C vegetable or poultry stock or broth (warm) – check ingredients for free-from needs
- 1T dairy-free margarine (ie Earth Balance spread – soy-free)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 T carrot, grated
- 1t salt
- ⅛ t black pepper, ground
- 1-1/2 T fresh sage, minced
- Place the cereal in a large bowl. Add warmed vegetable stock and let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan. Add celery and onions, and sauté until translucent (do not let it brown). Add mushrooms and carrots. If mixture seems dry, add a little of the soaking liquid to deglaze the pan.
- Add the vegetables to the cereal and mix. Add salt, pepper, and fresh sage. Combine completely.
- Place mixture in an 8×8” pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.
May be stored covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.