Chestnut Mushroom Vegan Risotto
- 250g Arborio Risotto Rice
- 1700ml Vegetable Stock or Broth
- 250ml Vegetarian Dry White Wine
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 Medium Onions
- 250g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Add vegetable broth to saucepan and place over low heat; do not boil. Add half the wine and dried herbs to the mixture and stir well.
- Add the olive oil, sliced mushrooms, diced onion, garlic and the rest of the wine to a wok or large saucepan and cook until the onion has started to soften.
- Add the rice and cook for a few minutes until it starts to become slightly translucent.
- Start adding the stock mixture, a couple of ladles at a time and stir constantly until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Continue until most of the stock has been absorbed and the risotto starts to become thick and creamy.
- Taste the recipe and season if needed, continuing to add the remaining stock if the rice is still too hard.
- Serve immediately with a herb/rocket salad or a gluten free garlic bread.