This Chickpea Spinach Sauté makes a simple, nutritious, and flavorful vegan meal. Served with rice and steamed vegetables, it makes a well rounded quick meal!
Special Diet Notes: Chickpea Spinach Sauté
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 lb. frozen spinach
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- Cook the spinach according to package directions.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and seasonings in the lemon juice and water.
- Stir in the cooked spinach and chickpeas.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!