Cate O'Malley, Paper Palate - "Usually when I make carrots, they're roasted. It's a super simple way to make them, and produces a tender, sweet bite every time. Recently, when flipping through a copy of Paula Deen’s magazine though, I spied a recipe for her Herbed Carrots and decided to give it a whirl.
A really simple process, I was quite surprised as to how quickly they lost their crunch and turned into a tender, buttery morsel. Next time, I'd cut back on the butter [margarine] just a smidge, but I'd definitely make them again, and they were perfect with the Roast Chicken and potatoes I served.
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 large carrots, sliced to ¼-inch thickness
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small skillet, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat until dairy-free margarine is melted.
- Add thyme and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, if desired.