This Light Quinoa Corn Medley recipe is loaded with vitamins, minerals, heart healthy oils, and natural disease fighters. Oh yes, and it’s tasty too! The Vegan Chef’s creativity never ceases to amaze. Her recent book, “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Living“, incorporates her wonderful recipes with other lifestyle considerations.
Special Diet Notes: Light Quinoa Corn Medley
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups quinoa, well rinsed
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup red pepper, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- 1 cup orange pepper, destemmed, deseeded, and diced
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cut corn
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup freshly parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add the quinoa, cover, reduce the heat to very low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender; drain off excess water, transfer to a bowl, and fluff with a fork.
- In a lightly greased pan, cook pumpkin seeds over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer toasted pumpkin seeds to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté red and orange pepper in 1 Tsp. olive oil, for 3 minutes; add corn and garlic, and sauté an additional 3 minutes; add green onions and sauté for 1 minute; add sautéed vegetables, reserved pumpkin seeds, and remaining ingredients to quinoa.
- Toss well to combine and Serve warm.