Yet another creative quinoa masterpiece from the Speed Vegan. Non-vegans may choose to add some shrimp, seafood, and/or sausage for an ever so slightly more authentic paella.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves or garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- pinch saffron
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup light beer
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- lemon wedges
1. in a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. add onion and bell peppers. cook for 4-6 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
3. add the garlic, paprika, and saffron. simmer for 2 more minutes.
4. stir in the quinoa, stock and beer and bring to a boil. season with salt and pepper.
5. lower heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
6. to serve, decorate with lemon wedges.