Since it’s the Green Issue, I decided to try out a few veggie recipes and went with Sauteed Brussels Sprouts ... Brussels sprouts have come a long way from being hated by children everywhere to a dish worthy of being served at your next dinner party. Brussels sprouts are downright tasty so long as they’re prepared properly and you can count on Bon Appetit to show you how to do it right.
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Pistachios Bon Appetit, February 2008
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 12 large brussels sprouts (about 1½ pounds), trimmed, leaves separated from cores (about 8 cups), cores discarded
- ¾ cup shelled unsalted natural pistachios
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and stir 20 seconds. Add Brussels sprout leaves and pistachios, and sauté until leaves begin to soften but are still bright green, about 3 minutes. Drizzle lemon juice over. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.