Published in the California Country Magazine, January/February 2007; Created by Susan Brooking, Culinary Educator, California Olive Ranch.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 to 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed with the flat side of a large knife
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, 2 tbsp. of the olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean-up). Bake until potatoes soften and brown, about 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time. Transfer to a serving dish. Toss with lemon zest and remaining 1 to 2 tbsp. olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings.