A light latke that really works…straight from Chef Eric Tucker. Tucker is known for his beautifully designed cookbook, “The Artful Vegan” and his work at Millennium, a high end vegan restaurant in San Francisco.
Serves: 10 latkes
- 21/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
1. Place grated vegetables in a colander for 30 minutes to drain. Wrap in paper towels and squeeze out excess moisture.
2. In a large bowl, mix zucchini, onion, chickpea flour and spices until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat.
4. Remove batter from refrigerator, pouring off any excess liquid. Using a tablespoon, drop batter onto pan to form 2-inch rounds. Flatten with a spatula and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown and crisp.