Today is National Blueberry Muffin day, but it’s summer people! I’d much rather enjoy my blueberries in a cool and creamy form, like this richly delicious vegan blueberry smoothie.
This vegan blueberry smoothie recipe was shared with us by So Delicious Dairy Free, and has Smoky Joe’s special nutritious touches:
Cacao Nibs (or powder) – Pretty much the purest form of chocolate, so you’re practically guaranteed low sugar depth and some antioxidants. Cacao nibs are a treat that can be a little pricey. Feel free to sub cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder in a pinch (such as Trader Joe’s for cost effectiveness).
Special Diet Notes: Smoky Joe’s Vegan Blueberry Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup So Delicious® Dairy Free Original Almond Plus Almond Milk Beverage (sub Coconut Milk Beverage for nut-free]
- ½ cup So Delicious® Dairy Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs or 2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 2 bananas, 1 fresh and 1 frozen
- Water, as needed
- Add the almond milk, coconut milk, blueberries, molasses, flaxseed, cacao and b ananas to your blender, in that order, and blend until smooth.
- Blend in about a ½ cup water, more or less, depending on how thick you want your smoothie.