Notes: Another fantastic find on AllRecipes.com. This recipe will serve 8 little ones as a snack, or 4 as a light meal.
- ½ cup peanut or almond butter
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 red apple, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy free, non-hydrogenated margarine (such as Earth Balance)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Spread 1 Tablespoon of peanut / nut butter onto each English muffin half. Top each muffin half with a few apple slices. In the microwave, melt the brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon together. Check often and stir frequently until smooth. Drizzle the cinnamon mixture over apple slices and serve.