You can pick up Nanny’s products in stores (ie Whole Foods) or direct from their website.
Yield: 8 servings as an appetizer
- 16 oz. raw nuts
- 1/2 cup Nanny’s Jamaican Kitchen BBQ & Dipping Sauce (we recommend spicy)
- salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put nuts in a bowl and top with Nanny’s Jamaican Kitchen BBQ & Dipping Sauce. Stir gently until nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Place nuts in a single layer on a foil-covered cookie sheet. (This is very important.) Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir nuts and smooth into single layer. Bake for another 10-20 minutes, stirring every 5-6 minutes. Nuts will become a deep caramel brown color, but watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Turn oven off and leave nuts in oven for 5 minutes.
- Open oven door and leave nuts in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before storing.
- Store in a tightly covered container.