This creative marshmallow-free rice krispy treats recipe comes from the blog of “Needleroozer“.
Special Diet Note: Marshmallow-Free Rice Krispy Treats
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ pound chopped dates
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free milk beverage (rice, almond, or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped nuts (or dried blueberries, coconut, etc.)
- 2 cups rice crispies type cereal
- ½ teaspoon salt
- choice of coating (nuts, bits, coconut, etc.)
- Cook coconut butter, sugar and dates until boiling over low heat.
- Add beaten egg, milk, vanilla, and ½ tsp salt.
- Cook 2 minutes, cool.
- Add chopped nuts and cereal.
- Form into balls the size of a walnut.
- Makes 3 doz.
- Roll in nuts, coconut, melted chocolate or powdered sugar.