This is one from the Enjoy Life Foods test kitchen. Using their products in it is the best way to keep the recipe truly “free from,” but you can use any crispy rice cereal for the cereal, your favorite trail mix, and whatever brand of chocolate chips suits your tastes. But, I have tried the chocolate chips from Enjoy Life and I highly recommend them! This is a very flexible recipe – feel free to play around with the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine Mountain Mambo Trail mix and Crunchy Rice cereal.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double burner or in the microwave.
- Add oil into the chocolate.
- Pour chocolate over the Trail Mix/Cereal combination and immediately spread thin on a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Cool in the freezer or in the refrigerator.
- When completely cool and hard, break into pieces and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.