Sugar & Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil [use canola for soy-free]
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, or more, to taste
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- Rinse seeds well and get as much of the pumpkin pulp off of them as possible. Some of the small pieces are going to adhere, but they won’t hurt the seeds at all, and might even add a little more flavor.
- Pat dry with paper towels. Don’t let them dry completely on the paper towels, because they might stick!
- Toss seeds with the oil, sugar, and spices.
- Heat oven to 300°. Spread coated seeds in a shallow baking sheet (I line a baking sheet with nonstick foil to make cleanup easier), turning from time to time, for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until nicely browned and crunchy.