This recipe for rosemary mashed potatoes is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by The Taylor Household. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Almond Plus Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
The Taylor’s said, “My family absolutely loved these. I had limited quantities of potatoes and carrots and created this with basically leftovers. The nutty flavor of the side dish was absolutely delicious.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For a nut-free and dairy-free rosemary mashed potatoes, simply substitute a tree nut-free milk alternative, such as coconut milk beverage, for the almond milk.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 white potatoes, unpeeled and chopped
- 8 baby carrots (or one medium carrot, chopped)
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- ¾-1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place potatoes and carrots in a pot, cover the ingredients with water, place on med-high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Cook until the carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove from heat, drain. Place into a bowl add the almond milk, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher or mix well with a blender.
- Serve and enjoy!