This was one of the showcase recipes in my local Wild Oats advertisement. Surprisingly easy.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 Wild Oats Organic Carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. Wild Oats Canola Oil
- 3 c. organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/3 c. soymilk or light coconut milk
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Place squash, onion, carrot and garlic in a roasting pan. Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast 40 minutes, until the squash is soft. Place vegetables in a soup pot. Add broth, wine, herbs and allspice. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Puree using a stick blender or in a blender. Stir in half and half. Adjust seasonings to taste.