Recipe provided by Pacific Natural Foods…
- 2 tbsp “butter” substitute or light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Fennel bulbs, slice crosswise
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, minced
- 32 oz. Pacific Natural Foods Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh Tarragon, minced
- 2 cups Unsweetened Soymilk
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Fennel fronds (garnish)
In a large, heavy pot, heat the “butter” or oil. Sauté the Onions and garlic until they are soft. Add the fennel, parsley, and Pacific Natural Foods Free Range Chicken Broth, and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer the mixture about 20 minutes, until the fennel is quite tender.
Pureé the mixture in batches in a blender or food processor. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, white pepper, and tarragon. Chill the soup thoroughly.
Add mixture to the soymilk and serve the soup garnished with fennel.