Quick Pumpkin Peanut Butter Soup
- 12 cups (3 quarts) water
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons curry powder
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or sucanat, or honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large cans all-natural pumpkin puree (health-food stores)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 4 scallions, sliced very thin
- 4 sprigs cilantro, tough ends removed, minced
- Bring the first set of ingredients to a boil in a wide bottom pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium and whisk in the pumpkin and peanut butter, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the flame, and stir in the scallions and cilantro.
- Adjust texture and seasonings.