This recipe comes from the Shine Cafe in Morro Bay, California
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, extra virgin, organic
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 5-6 cups fresh vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 10 Roma tomatoes, roasted and seeded
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and roasted
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs for garnish
Sauté onions in coconut oil until transparent, then add carrots and stock. Cook on medium heat until soft.
Add herbs, roasted tomatoes, and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, place in food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. Be careful of possible expansion of the hot liquid.)
Add coconut milk and salt and pepper, and pulse or blend briefly to incorporate.
Serve immediately and garnish with more fresh herbs.