This rich vegan whipped cream is from The Conscious Cook by Chef Tal Ronnen, and a key component to making his Vegan Black Pepper Shortcakes with Blackberry Basil Sauce.
- 1 cup thick cashew cream
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup refined coconut oil, warmed until liquid
- Place the cashew cream in a blender and add the agave nectar, vanilla, and ¼ cup water. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle the coconut oil in through the hole in the blender lid. Blend until emulsified.
- Pour into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.