Whipped Vegan Cashew Cream
This rich vegan whipped cream is from The Conscious Cook by Chef Tal Ronnen, and a key component to making his Vegan Black Pepper Shortcakes with Blackberry Basil Sauce.
Cashew Whip (Soy-Free Vegan Whipped Cream)
This recipe takes just a few minutes to whip up, but planning ahead is key. Using Tal’s cashew cream recipe, you will want to soak the cashews for several hours (or overnight) and the vegan whipped cream will need 2 hours to chill in the refrigerator.
- 1 cup thick cashew cream
- 1/4 cup light agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup refined coconut oil, warmed until liquid
- Place the cashew cream in a blender and add the agave nectar, vanilla, and 1/4 cup water. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle the coconut oil in through the hole in the blender lid. Blend until emulsified.
- Pour into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged egg--free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, Thanksgiving, vegan, vegetarian